Magazine Writer's Academy
The Magazine Writer’s Academy is an online magazine journalism school.
The academy that lets you keep your feet in the sand and your head in the sky!
Our vision is to help passionate writers reach their ultimate dream:
Earn a living as a freelance writer, from anywhere in the world.
The way we help you achieve this, is by teaching you everything you need to know to succeed as a freelance writer, by using our proven step by step-method:
- How to understand and find the right magazine markets
- How to discover your own value as a content contributor
- How to find great ideas and angle them so that they fit each concept
- How to structure your articles so the editors will love them
- How to do great research and interviews
- How to develop your unique voice and style to stand out in the market place
- In short: How to give the magazine editors exactly what they want! While having the time of your life.
Vivian Songe is the founder of The Magazine Writer’s Academy. She has lived and breathed this life for 15 years herself – both as a freelance writer, staff writer, editor and Editor-In-Chief for national magazines and news papers in Norway. So she knows first hand what works and what doesn’t.
She has also written books and worked as a media consultant for publishing houses.
Since she started the online school in 2013 (from a beach in Mexico), hundreds of passionate writers have joined her course, achieving astounding results.
Many of them have quit their jobs and started pursuing a writing career full time.
They say they’ve never had so much fun learning something new.
“The teaching style in The Magazine Writer’s Academy is lively, modern and completely hands-on. You will learn more of what you need in the real world from these courses than from several years in Journalism School. I know I did. Now I know how to get through to the editors and actually sell my stories! Vivian’s online course made the whole difference”. Terese Torgersen
The winter of 2018 our courses will go live in English. Stay tuned for more info!